Amblers is a short, gentle walk of approximately one mile lasting about one hour. This is flexible depending on the needs of the group.
We walk in the local countryside on the first Wednesday of the month at 10.30am. The following changes have been made due to COVID. Only 6 people can be accommodated on each walk which will mean that more walks will take place to allow places for everyone who wishes to join us. I will continue to keep to Sunday’s and Wednesdays as far as possible until the rules change. Everyone will need to book on to the walk of their choice. Lists of walks will be added with the number of places still available or will show that the walk is full.
Risk Assessment for the Chaddesley walk
1) due to Covid 19 safe distancing must be maintained throughout the walk.
2) numbers will be restricted to 6 people on each walk.
3) parking is at the roadside so care to be taken if there is any traffic while accessing the roadway.
4) there may be muddy areas if we have had rain, care to be taken if this is the case.
5) in some areas the pathways may be uneven or tree roots may present a tripping hazard.
Before walking a personal assessment should be carried out.
please check the following
1) review your personal health and circumstances and risk factors ie your age or any medical conditions.
2) consider the health risk category of anyone else you are isolating with in your household
3) review the risk check list for the activity above completed by the group leader and consider if you can take part without adverse risk to yourself or household.