Wyre Forest & District U3A
"Everyone who offers their services voluntarily to make our U3A a successful and friendly place in which to enjoy what is on offer, should be treated with common courtesy and respect. The WF&D U3A will not tolerate in any way, aggression or verbal abuse towards any of its members, Executive Committee or otherwise, under any circumstances.
We kindly ask that every member is treated courteously at all times and maintains a respectful attitude towards the opinions of others and abides by the Third Age Trust’s Member Code of Conduct set out below.”
Member Code of Conduct
The member code of conduct clarifies the standard of behaviour expected from each U3A member.
U3A members are expected to conduct themselves in line with the Movement’s Guiding Principles. They are also expected to treat each other with dignity and respect. Specifically:
- Members are expected to know, follow and promote the Principles of the U3A Movement at every opportunity.
- Members must always act in the best interests of the Wyre Forest & District U3A and the U3A Movement, strive to uphold its reputation and never do anything which could bring their own, another U3A or the U3A Movement into disrepute or expose it to undue risk.
- Members are expected to use Wyre Forest & District U3A’s resources responsibly and only to further its stated charitable objects/purposes.
- Members are expected to reflect the current organisational policy of the Wyre Forest & District U3A, regardless of whether it conflicts with their personal views.
- Members are expected to abide by the Wyre Forest & District U3A’s procedures and practices.
- Members are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect at all times
This Code adopted: July 2020
Review date: Two Years