Amblers is a short, gentle walk of approximately one mile lasting about one hour. This is flexible depending on the needs of the group.
We walk in the local countryside on the first Wednesday of the month at 10.30am A pre-walk will take place on the Sunday prior to the Wednesday walk.
Risk Assessment for the Cookley Walk.
1) due to Covid 19 safe distancing must be maintained throughout the walk.
2) numbers will be restricted to 6 people on each walk.
3) while walking through the Cookley Tunnel care needs to be taken as the light is dim.
4) trip risk on the canal path due to tree roots and broken bricks in places.
5) roads to be crossed in various places. Need to be aware of traffic when crossing.
Before walking a personal assessment should be carried out.
please check the following
1) review your personal health and circumstances and risk factors ie your age or any medical conditions.
2) consider the health risk category of anyone else you are isolating with in your household
3) review the risk check list for the activity above completed but the group leader and consider if you can take part without adverse risk to yourself or household.